Wednesday, 26 May 2010
Max Factor Celebrity Make-Up Artist, Caroline Barnes, Shares Her Top Summer Make-Up Tips!
1. Spring clean your make-up bag. It gives a whole new outlook and adding new colour to your make-up bag instantly updates and refreshes your look. Plus, it’s a good feeling to get rid of the greys and browns from the winter and inject pastels on to your lids and bright pinks and corals onto your lips ready for the sun. The key? Don’t overdo it - focus on just one feature to wear your colour but experiment with pastels and translucent shades to vary your look.
2. As we get older our skin loses its natural vibrancy so adding colour to your cheeks gives an instant pick-me-up and freshness to your look. Pink tones give a healthy hue and are perfect to put the feel of summer into your complexion. Caramel tones add warmth and softness. For a natural feel, apply blush on the apples of your cheeks or for something more sophisticated apply along the top of your cheekbones.
3. When attending a special summer occasion with a new dress don't be tempted to have lilac eyes just to match. This can instantly date your look and it doesn't work for everyone. Instead inject colour into eyes with beautiful tonal make-up. For example, make-up your eyes as you normally would and then just add a hint of colour to your lids with a shadow or pencil. This way you will feel confident that you have the best eye shape and a hint of colour to compliment your look.
4. After many years of celebrating the natural look, we are all scared of introducing colour back into out make-up. When the seasons change it somehow feels refreshing to get rid of your winter shades and feel fresh and new with summer shades. We can feel a bit shy of being different and it’s such a shame, as a bright pink lip can really boost your confidence and light up your eyes instantly. Why not experiment with using a lip liner with a clear gloss, a stain or a bright gloss with a hint of colour. Take baby steps so the shock isn't too sudden, and you will soon love how easy it is to simply change your make-up by just adding a hint of colour.
5. Bronzer is now an all year round must. The textures are so sheer that is makes it totally wearable for every season. The big mistake people make is to colour their whole face with a big round brush. Instead use a blusher brush to shape and contour your face. This leaves the front panel of your face lighter and the subtle effects are amazing.