Thursday, 18 March 2010
One of the latest trends that is set to be a huge hit this spring breaks all the beauty rule books on wearing bold eyeshadow & lipstick together!! Normally if you play up one then tone down the other, but not after Dior's A/W 2010 collections on the runways this season, they combined bright blue eyes with red lips & came up with a look that was hot to trot!!!!!!!
To get the look, go for a blue/turquoise shade with a little shimmer through it to add add some reflexion that will keep it light, sweep across the lids but not right into the inner corners (blend a little pearly highlighter there instead). Keep it soft, just a wash of colour & blend it into the socket line so it still stands out, try Urban Decay's eyeshadow in 'Peace' for that perfect light blue/turquoise shade. Don't line the eyes with any heavy liner for this, just go for some white liner in the inner rims of the bottom lash line & lashings of black masacara to make the eyes pop!
For the lips go with hot bold red, take two coats with a lip brush & blot after the first to keep it matt, try Ruby & Millie's Lip Colour in 'Red 450'.
Bodyform are currently running a fantastic competition where you can win £100 of Stella McCartney underwear every day!!! Just simply answer their question on the website to enter or even submit your own natural beauty tips to them & you will automatically be entered into their prize draw, check out some of the fantastic tips below -
1. “I swear by adding a ¼ of a cup honey to bath water, not only does it give you a fragrant bath but leaves your skin softer than any moisturiser”
2. “To brighten up, remove nail varnish stains or strengthen up my nails I just rub a quarter of a lemon on to all of my nails. It really does work!”
3. “If you are out of quick-dry spray for nails, dip your fingers into a bowl of ice-cold water. Your nails will dry quickly don’t touch the sides of bowl”
4. “If your skin is looking a bit dull separate some egg whites and use them as a face mask, leave to dry and wash off, the protein helps brighten up skin”
5. “Use camomile tea bags in the bath (new or used) for a lovely relaxing soak and soft skin”
6. “For shiny beautiful hair brunettes and redheads should add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the rinse water. lemon juice works for blondes”
7. “When shaving your legs instead of shaving foam use hair conditioner it works great is cheap and leaves you're legs really soft”
8. “If you’re worried about spots, use soluble aspirin made into a paste”
9. “When feeling bloated on your period and a bit crampy drink hot milk and sprinkle black pepper into it works a treat no more pain”
10. “Wash your hair in vodka once a month it will feel super clean”
Bodyform natural are a new range of towels that are made with some of natures best soothing secrets such as Aloe Vera & Camomile to help neutralise odours & keep you comfortable all day long.
To enter their competion click - Here
*This competition is not in association with Stella McCartney